Saturday 7 March 2015

'Directions' Hair Dye Review


I've been using the directions hair dyes for a while now, I love dying my hair all kinds of crazy colours, and I find these to be the best for me. I currently am using the colours 'Violet' and 'Cerise'. I find that violet is the perfect colour for toning my hair, but also makes for a very pretty purple alone and cerise is very pretty when lightened up with conditioner for a pretty pink.

I personally like to mix the two together with conditioner to create a toned down pinky purple colour like above. Considering these dyes are only £5 each, they're really good quality. Not only are they easy to use, but they mix well together and with conditioner, unlike other hair dyes I've tried, meaning you can create an endless amount of colours- not that they don't have a good selection, with 34 colours to choose from. 

They also last a really long time. I only need a small amount of the product to make the colour strong enough for my liking, so I'm only half way through my pot despite using them a lot of times. 

The colour lasts a really long time in your hair. I do find that the pink washes out a lot faster than the purple, but that's normal as red tones tend to fade faster than blue tones, but even the pink will last me around 2 weeks. 

Directions make vegan friendly dyes, so they won't dry out if you leave them on too long, as they're made from vegetable fats. I find the dyes are really conditioning for your hair, and I have before left the dye on my hair over night (under a plastic bag to reduce mess), which left my hair looking silky, the colour was really intense and it lasted a lot longer than normal. I really like to add a little bit of coconut oil in with the dyes and use them almost like a hair mask, they're so moisturising.

Overall, I love these dyes, and will definitely be buying more soon. I'm looking to try Rubine and Alpine Green next! So, for £5 these are a 10/10 from me.


Please remember to check the side bar for updates on what's coming next!

No comments:

Post a Comment